JONS Fresh Marketplace Coupon Acceptance Policy
JONS Fresh Marketplace accepts legitimate manufacturer and store coupons, as well as internet printed coupons that consumers receive via retailer and manufacturer websites and email campaigns, through interactive advertising and promotions on web publisher sites, and from legitimate online coupon sites. In an effort to make manufacturer and store coupons and internet printed coupons a positive experience, we have listed the following rules below:
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
- Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. JONS does not accept photocopies of coupons.
- JONS only accepts coupons if they scan properly at checkout.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
- JONS does not accept “free product” manufacturer coupons.
- Buy-One-Get-One-Free coupons and other values that have a purchase requirement are acceptable.
- JONS does not accept coupons for more than 75% of a product’s value.
- Coupons with a $5 or more value need a JONS Store Manager’s approval.
- JONS does not accept coupons unless they have an expiration date. Expired coupons or coupons with altered expiration dates will not be accepted.
- Coupons will be rejected if they appear altered in any way.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Sales taxes will be applied in accordance with California state law, regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
- JONS does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
- If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, JONS will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.
- Coupons that appear distorted, blurry, out of proportion, or are obvious duplicates will not be accepted.
- JONS reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
Internet Printed Coupons:
- JONS gladly accepts internet printed coupons. The same Manufacturer and Store Coupon policies—listed above—apply to all Internet Printed Coupons.
- Internet printed coupons must be capable of scanning at checkout.
- Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
- Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon, as well as an expiration date.
- We will not accept "free product" internet printed manufacturer coupons.
- Internet printed coupons that appear distorted, blurry, out of proportion, or are obvious duplicates will not be accepted.
- JONS reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
JONS may change these rules at any time. All coupon redemption terms are subject to the terms of the rules in effect at time of redemption. Policy changes may become effective without advance notice or advertisement. The current rules will be posted at the customer service area in each store. You are also advised to periodically check our website for any changes to these policies.
JONS Fresh Marketplace Check Acceptance Policy
Check Acceptance Policy:
- All checks are subject to verification of available funds
- All checks must be cashed at the cash register
- We do not accept:
- Two party checks
- Post-dated checks
- Out-of-the-area checks
- Non-personalized checks
- Tax refund checks
- Insurance Checks
- All checks require two (2) forms of identification:
- California driver’s license or California identification card
- A second form of identification, such as a credit card
Payroll/Business Checks Acceptance Policy:
- Requires the approval of the person in charge
- Maximum amount: $999.00
- Minimum purchase of 10% of the check value
- Payee must be present
- Company address and phone number must be imprinted on the check
Personal Checks Acceptance Policy:
- Home Address (P.O. Box addresses are not allowed) and phone numbers must be imprinted on the check
- Maximum cash back: $25
- Store Manager approval is required if personal check amount exceeds $50.00
Returned checks will be subject to a $25 service charge. Any check not paid within 30 days will be subject to a fee equal to three (3) times the amount of the check and will be no less than $100 but cannot exceed $500, plus the amount of the check.
California Civil Code Section 1719
JONS Fresh Marketplace Debit, Credit, and Gift Card Acceptance Policy
Debit and EBT Limits and Policy
The maximum cash back limit for DEBIT transactions will be set as follows:
- All Stores: $100.00 (no exceptions)
- Cash back for debit cards require a minimum purchase of 10% ($100.00 cash back customer must purchase $10.00 worth of product)
The maximum cash back limit for EBT-CASH transactions will be set as follows:
- All Stores: $1000.00 (no exceptions)
- Cash back for EBT cards require a minimum purchase of 10% ($1000.00 cash back customer must purchase $100.00 worth of product)
No cash back is allowed on any VISA, Master Card, American Express or Discover Card Transactions.
Credit Card Acceptance Policy
Customer verification for charge (credit card) transactions:
- Customer is required to show a valid driver’s license or state i.d. card with a picture for all credit card transactions.
Credit Card Processing:
- Customers must sign credit card slip at the time of the purchase.
- All charge transactions of $300 and over will require approval by the person in charge.
- If the transaction is declined for any reason, customer will need to use a different card or form of payment.
- If a second card is presented and is declined, customer will be asked to present a different form of payment, such as cash or ATM debit card.
Gift Card Purchase Policy:
- All gift card purchases can only be made with cash or debit-EBT cards.
- JONS does NOT accept payment of gift cards using check or credit cards.
- All gift cards purchased at JONS are final transactions.
- JONS gift cards can be activated up to $100.00 maximum value.
Disclosure: California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
In 2010, the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (also referred to as SB 657) the “Act” was signed in to law, and statues enacted under the Act go into effect on January 1, 2012. The Act requires disclosure of particular efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking.
JONS is committed to conduct business in a lawful and ethical manner and expects its suppliers to conduct themselves in the same manner.
In efforts to confirm compliance with provisions of the Act, JONS suppliers as part of the supplier agreement must agree to but not certify that the merchandise provided to JONS comply with applicable laws regarding slavery and human trafficking. Failure to acknowledge compliance will result in increasing levels of discipline up to and including termination of their relationship with JONS.
All responsible JONS employees have been advised of JONS prohibition against the use of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain. JONS does not conduct training on human trafficking and slavery for our company employees or establish internal accountability standards for them.
JONS employees that fail to adhere to policies in this area will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination.
While JONS will make every effort to support the efforts of the Act, we are relying on our supplier’s adherence to their ongoing compliance with the provisions of the Act. JONS does not verify or audit directly, or through third parties, vendor or vendor subcontract facilities.
Stay connected with us